MVFD is always on the lookout for new members for our department.
Required Attendance for MVFD:
- After probation must attend 6 station work/ clean up nights
- Must attend 6 department meetings out of 12
- Must meet 8 hours of training for the department
- Probation is 1st year of MVFD membership
- Follow all of meeting requirements listed above.
- New members must complete a minimum 24 hours of training within first year.
General Requirements for Joining:
- Resident of Mathews County
- 18 years old
- Clean driving record
- No criminal record
- Good Health
How to Apply:
To apply for membership, stop by any of our fire stations and ask for an application or click this link and print the Membership Application. The completed application and a copy of your driving record can be returned to any of the fire stations. Once we have received your application, it will be turned over to our Applicant Review Committee. The review committee will request a criminal background check, review your driving record and conduct an interview. The committee will make a recommendation to our members to accept or reject the application based on their review. Our members will have a month to consider your application and will vote on the application at the next business meeting.
Interesting in Becoming a Junior Member? Please click this link below to download the application.